Passion is temperamental, ethereal, and a weak material to build a business on. It should be your guiding star, not the foundation for your business.
In this episode, Bryce discusses:
- The challenge of finding your passion
- How working on your passion can snuff it out
- How outside influences affect your passion
- How freelancing allows the flexibility to pursue your passion -- but that passion can't be the only thing fueling your freelance business
- How work shaped Bryce's passions
- The importance of "not losing the magic"
- What, exactly, is the creative "spark"
- How passion and the creative spark can be snuffed out by real life
- Bill Murray's advice for being a competent human being (and baseball player)
> Don't Lose the Magic via Austin Kleon
> George Saunders Writing Education Timeline via The New Yorker
> Bill Murray's speech
- Bryce refers to fantasy author alumni "Tom Erikson." He is, of course, referring to Steven Erikson.
This episode is sponsored by MightyDeals!
MightyDeals offers fantastic (and exclusive!) deals for web professionals. Use coupon code CFHPodcast to save 15% on your next purchase!
Here are a few deals we recommend:
> 500,000+ vectors, illustrations, and icons -- $39 (save $628!)
> Freelance Starter Kit with contract templates, identity sets, ebooks and more -- $29
Questions? Episode ideas?
Talk to Clients From Hell or Bryce Bladon on Twitter. Or shoot us an email!
Clients From Hell on iTunes | Soundcloud
Subscribe on iTunes | Android | RSS